Due to continued growth, Floyd Energy® is looking for qualified Building Energy Raters (Thermal Performance Assessors) to join our Melbourne team located in the Eastern suburbs.
Role: Cert IV Qualified Thermal Performance Assessor (Energy Rater)
About the role:
- Perform energy ratings on designs from leading residential builders, architects and designers.
- Provide expert advice to clients on how to review and optimise their designs to maximize thermal performance in a cost effective, energy efficient environment.
- Develop strategies to create more targeted & personalised solutions for clients.
- You will be self-motivated with passion and commitment to sustainable buildings that deliver long term benefits to occupiers and keen to be involved in the growth of our business.
- You will have the ability to clearly communicate (verbal and written) to all stakeholders (internal and external) in an appropriate manner.
- You will have the ability to prioritise and manage workload with good attention to detail.
- You will have the ability and willingness to learn new technology and skills.
- You will ideally have your drivers’ licence and be conveniently located to our office in the Melbourne Eastern suburb of Ringwood.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake energy ratings using AccuRate or FirstRate 5
- Report writing and relationship management
Skills & experience:
- Comprehensive understanding of residential building construction systems and methodologies.
- Full understanding of architectural drawings.
- Confident communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Certificate IV in NatHERS Assessment and currently accredited with ABSA or BDAV.
Floyd Energy® is a building energy rating business located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, but works across Australia.
We have been an industry leader in energy ratings since 2001 and our client base includes leading national architects, building designers and construction companies. We also have a consulting division that works with national building materials manufactures, software developers, Commonwealth and State government departments.
We assess all residential and commercial building types, including new or existing buildings, single or multi dwelling, across all legislative requirements (NatHERS, BASIX, BESS, Section J, JV 3, Green Star).
Culture & benefits:
We are a small, multi-skilled, close knit team and you must be able to work in that environment. Along with the normal benefits pursuant with full time employment you will receive fully paid PI insurance, Accreditation fees, software licenses and ongoing CPD courses.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply for this position by sending your CV with cover letter detailing why you are suitable for this position to wayne.floyd(at)floydenergy.com.au.
Enquiries to Wayne Floyd. Email wayne.floyd(at)floydenergy.com.au or telephone (03) 9135 0300.